The 80/20 cotton polyester batting has a two-fold advantage; with a heavier percentage of cotton, this batting quilts and drapes like normal cotton battings. Smaller percentage of polyester makes the batting crease resistant. Being needle-punched with scrim provides it with great strength and makes it an excellent choice for long-arm quilters. This batting is ideal for both hand and machine quilting. It is machine washable and non-allergic. This high quality 150 GSM batting is 96" wide.
- 80/20 Cotton Polyester Blend.
- Soft & Eco Friendly
- Best for Quilting & Other Special Craft Projects.
- Excellent for Machine / Hand Quilting.
- Maintains Loft.
- Needles wonderfully.
- Needle punched with scrim binder.
- Maximum distance between stitches: 8″-10″.
Advantages of Cotton Polyester Batting:
- Cotton is a natural product that breathes, allowing access heat to move away from the body as one uses it.
- Cotton batting gets softer with age and use.
- Cotton batting does not bread (“Breading” occurs when batting fibers come out through the quilt top or backing). This preserves the look of your quilt for very long time.
- Cotton battings are very good choice for wall-hangings. The quilts hang nicely and there is no drooping.
- Polyester is a strong and flexible material which when added to cotton increases its resistance to wear and tear.